Transition to College
Wondering how to get involved with activities at WPI, what courses to take in the spring, or how to handle a conflict with a roommate? You’ll find out the answers to these questions and more through your Insight Team, a group of students and advisors dedicated to assisting you with your transition to college, both personally and academically, and helping you make the most out of your first year at WPI.
You will meet your Insight Team during New Student Orientation and will be part of the team throughout your first two terms at WPI. Your team will include about 20 students from your residence hall floor, and three key mentors:
- Your Peer Community Advisor (CA): a student who plans and leads social events and educational programs for your group.
- Your Peer Resident Advisor (RA): a student who lives in your residence hall that will help you with any personal concerns and promote policy awareness.
- Your Insight Advisor (IA): a faculty or staff member who meets regularly with your group in a social setting to provide academic guidance.
Save the Date: Get More Insight Day
Class of 2026: October, 23 2022 beginning at 12:00pm EST
One day, all of the information you need to know for your first year! You will:
- Come back a day early for “more Insight”.
- Plan out your Humanities and Arts Requirement.
- Meet faculty and current students in your anticipated major.
- Set goals and create a plan for B term.
- Learn about C and D term course selections.
- Meet with your Insight team and ask questions.
- Attend the Fall Fair.
You’ll meet regularly with advisors and get together with your team to socialize and participate in fun and educational programs. You’ll also make lifelong friendships through this program and form valuable mentoring relationships with upperclassmen and faculty.
Learn more about the Insight Team Advisor Group.
What is the Insight Awards Recognition Program? Learn more about opportunities to recognize or be recognized within your Insight Team.