By July 31
Be sure to review and complete all of the steps below to ease your transition to WPI. Some of the tasks are required now and some will help you prepare for tasks due at a later date.
Looking for all tasks in one place? View or print this one-page Checklist. Use it to help keep you on track with tasks you need to complete before you arrive on campus.
Select the icon below to be directed to the related tasks. Click on the arrow before each task to open and close additional details about the task. Links to websites, instructions and helpful information is available in the boxes to the right.
Discover your campus address.
Learn your campus mailbox number by logging into your WPI account. It can be found under campus mailbox information in the Student Services & Financial Aid tab in Banner Web. WPI Mail Services is located in the lower level of the Rubin Campus Center.
ITS Online Scavenger Hunt .
Learn more about Information Technology Services in our online Scavenger Hunt at https://canvas.wpi.edu. Complete by September 14th to claim your prize!
Academics Links and Files:
Submit your final high school or college transcript to the Admissions Office.
Your offer of admission and enrollment is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of your senior year. Make sure your final high school transcript is sent to the Admissions Office.
Request a transfer credit review for college-level courses taken elsewhere (optional).
Send Advance Placement or Higher Level International Baccalaureate exam scores to the Registrar’s office.
WPI awards credit when you achieve a 4 or 5 on the AP or a 6 or 7 on the IB exams. Make sure your scores are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, WPI, Office of the Registrar, Daniels Hall, 1st Floor, 100 Institute Road, Worcester, MA 01609-2280.
Identify books needed for courses.
Visit the Campus Bookstore website.
You can purchase your books online or wait until you arrive on campus, but make sure you will have them by the start of classes.
Financial Links and Files:
Pay tuition bills by early August.
- You will receive information at your WPI email address in late June with details regarding the WPI e-Bill system. WPI does not mail paper bills. Learn more about electronic billing. Once you log into your account, you can provide your parents or guardians with account access. They cannot submit payment on your behalf if you do not provide them with access.
- WPI works in conjunction with Tuition Management Systems to provide monthly payment option plans for families. Learn more about bill payment options and plans.
Review and confirm financial aid.
Stay in contact with the Office of Financial Aid to assure all documentation is complete and requirements are met.
Health Services Links and Files:
If you have insurance, submit Health Insurance Waiver and Enrollment Form.
- All students are required to have health insurance coverage. If you wish to be covered under your own health insurance plan, you must provide proof of adequate health insurance by completing a waiver and enrollment form. Log into Banner Web, click on “Student Services and Financial Aid” to access the form. A selection to waive or purchase must be made or you will be enrolled automatically and will not have the option to waive.
If you don’t have health insurance, learn more about health insurance and plan options.
- All students are required to have health insurance coverage. If you are no longer covered by a family plan, WPI makes an insurance plan available that provides coverage for major medical expenses.
Reminders & Tips
July TBD: Transfer Advising Day
Early August: First tuition payment due
- Freshmen Welcome Events: Watch for your email invitation for registration details.
- Alcohol and Sexual Violence online education sessions: Watch for an email in mid-July for program instructions.
- Check email regularly.