By July 31
Be sure to review and complete all of the steps below to ease your transition to WPI. Some of the tasks are required now and some will help you prepare for tasks due at a later date.
Select the icon below to be directed to the related tasks. Click on the arrow before each task to open and close additional details about the task. Links to websites, instructions and helpful information is available in the boxes to the right.
Get Connected Links and Files:
- Campus Mailbox Information (.pdf)
Discover your campus address.
Learn your campus mailbox number by logging into your WPI account. Students may find their mailbox number in Workday by clicking on the Contact tab after opening their profile. WPI Mail Services is located in the lower level of the Rubin Campus Center.
ITS Online Scavenger Hunt.
Learn more about Information Technology Services in our online Scavenger Hunt here. Complete by September 14th to claim your prize!
Academics Links and Files:
- Campus Bookstore
- Admissions Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
Attention: Transfer Admissions Team
Submit your final high school or college transcript to the Admissions Office.
Your offer of admission and enrollment is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of your senior year.
- Log into your Admissions Student Portal using your WPI email address to verify that your final high school transcript was received.
- If not, please work with your high school to have it sent directly to us. We prefer transmission through Naviance/the Common Application.
- Please note: transcripts sent from the student are not official and will not count towards this requirement.
Request a transfer credit review for college-level courses taken elsewhere (optional).
The Office of Admissions coordinates the transfer credit process for incoming students. Contact email@example.com to inquire about transfer credit evaluation of coursework taken at another college. Learn more about transfer credits.
Send Advance Placement or Higher Level International Baccalaureate exam scores to the Registrar’s office.
WPI awards credit when you achieve a 4 or 5 on the AP or a 6 or 7 on the IB exams. Make sure your scores are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, WPI, Office of the Registrar, Unity Hall, 4th Floor, 100 Institute Road, Worcester, MA 01609-2280.
Identify books needed for courses.
Visit the Campus Bookstore website.
You can purchase your books online or wait until you arrive on campus, but make sure you will have them by the start of classes.
Housing & Dining
Housing & Dining Links and Files:
Meal plan selection is due by Monday, July 31 at 8:00am after the housing selection process is complete. Be sure to review the meal plan options available
Financial Links and Files:
- Bursar Contact: email@example.com
- Fall Semester Charges
- Bill payment options and plans
- Health Insurance and Plans
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Additional Bursar Office Information
- Financial Aid Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
Pay tuition bills by mid August
On Demand Bills
WPI does not send paper or Electronic bills. Students receive a communication to their WPI email and Workday notifications when their semester charges are available for viewing. If multiple notifications are received, it is important to check your student account, as something may have changed that needs your attention. From your financial student account in Workday, you can select to print a semester statement (On Demand Bill) at any time and as many times as you need for updates. Students may allow friends and family to view activity and remit payment for your student account.
WPI works in conjunction with Nelnet Campus Commerce to provide monthly payment option plans for families.
WPI Financial Agreement
Please be sure to read and understand the terms and conditions in the WPI Financial Agreement. You must accept and agree during the check in process for each semester of enrollment (Fall, Spring and Summer if registered).
Set up direct deposit for eRefunds
Receiving any refund in payments that is owed to you as a direct deposit is the easiest way to access these funds. To learn how to set up your direct deposit, click here
Consider tuition insurance
Tuition insurance is a fantastic resource to strengthen our withdrawal policy and provide you ease of mind. Click here to learn more about the options provided to you.
Finalize your aid requirements and your plan to pay.
Visit the tuition and financial aid website to ensure that your financial aid is posted to your student account in a timely manner and all documentation and requirements are complete by the tuition bill deadline. Review information on student direct loan requirements, Direct PLUS loan applications, private education loans, requirements to maintain federal and state aid, and award conditions and notes. Finally, be sure to fulfill any financial aid requirements on your financial aid portal. Please be sure you are selecting “Current Student” when accessing the portal.
If you have insurance, submit Health Insurance Waiver and Enrollment Form.
- All students are required to have health insurance coverage. If you wish to be covered under your own health insurance plan, you must provide proof of adequate health insurance by completing a waiver and enrollment form. A selection to waive or purchase must be made or you will be enrolled automatically and will not have the option to waive. Visit the waiver selections webpage to access the form.
If you don’t have health insurance, learn more about health insurance and plan options.
- All students are required to have health insurance coverage. If you are no longer covered by a family plan, WPI makes an insurance plan available that provides coverage for major medical expenses.
Health Services Links and Files:
Upload your Health Forms
- Your required health forms and immunizations were due to be uploaded and entered into the Student Health Portal on June 27, 2023. If you have not done so already, please upload the required forms and enter your immunization dates as soon as possible prior to your campus arrival date. More instructions can be found on the Student Required Health Forms page.
Reminders & Tips
July TBD: Transfer Advising Day
Early August: First tuition payment due
- Alcohol, Sexual Violence and other online education sessions: Watch for an email in late July for program instructions.
- Check email regularly.
- Email email@example.com with any inquiries about the first-year experience.