By June 30
Be sure to review and complete all of the steps below to ease your transition to WPI. Some of the tasks are required now and some will help you prepare for tasks due at a later date.
Select the icon below to be directed to the related tasks. Click on the arrow before each task to open and close additional details about the task. Links to websites, instructions and helpful information is available in the boxes to the right.
Academics Links and Files:
Academic Accommodations through the OAS Links and Files:
Attend a First-Year Welcome Experience
Submit your course preferences.
You will be able to submit your course preferences to your Academic Support Advisor at your First-Year Welcome Experience. Go to the course registration section of this website for instructions on what course suggestions are recommended for your intended program of study to start to prepare yourself to submit your preferences.
As a reminder, your Academic Support Advisor will use your submitted preferences to build and register you for your fall schedule.
Students Seeking Academic Accommodations
Housing & Dining
Housing and Dining Links and Files:
- Housing Portal
- Housing Selection Information
- Student ID Information:
- Residential Students: Upload a photo for your student ID through the online Housing Portal.
- Commuter Students: Follow the instructions on the ID Services website to submit a ticket for your student ID
Residential Accommodations through the OAS Links and Files:
Log into the Housing Portal any time after you have set up your WPI accounts. The Class of 2026 housing application will be available to fill out when you receive your WPI credentials. The Deadline to complete the housing application and verify your group is June 30. Housing selection will take place July 11-15, 2022. Information can be found at our website.
Students Seeking Housing Accommodations
- Visit the tuition and financial aid website for new undergraduates to review important information on next steps, such as reporting outside scholarships, reducing/declining financial aid, completing federal student loan requirements, and researching ways to pay.
- Review your financial aid portal to determine if there are any requirements to submit to ensure that your financial aid is posted to your student account in a timely manner. Please be sure you are selecting “Current Student” when accessing the portal.
Complete and submit health forms.
- Please log into the WPI Student Health Portal to upload your medical forms and enter your immunization dates. The required forms and details about required immunizations can be found on the Health Forms Checklist.
- Visit the Student Required Health Forms page for instructions on how to upload necessary forms to the Student Health Portal and enter your immunization dates by July 1.
Participate in Varsity Athletics (optional).
Participate in Pep Band (optional).
If you are interested in participating in the Pep Band, email email@example.com by July 1.
International Students Links and Files:
Apply for visa.
Once you have your I-20 form in hand issued by WPI’s Admissions office, you can apply for a student visa. Please inform the WPI Office of Admissions of your visa type. Allow several weeks to complete the visa application process. How to apply for a visa.
Reminders & Tips
- Alcohol, Sexual Violence and other online education sessions: Watch for an email in late July for program instructions.
- Transfer Advising Day: July TBD, check your e-mail for more information.
- Check email regularly.