Welcome to the WPI Class of 2026!
We’re thrilled that you’ve decided to join us at WPI. Whether you’re preparing for your first year of college or are joining us from another college or university, we can’t wait to welcome you to campus, show you around—and make sure you grab a selfie with Gompei, of course.
There’s a lot to be excited about, but there are also a few things to check off your to-do list before you arrive in Worcester, and we’re here to help. We’ve gathered some important links and put together a timeline of what needs to be done when, all to make your transition to WPI as smooth as possible. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions that might come up. After all, one of the first things you’ll learn about the WPI community is that offering help is commonplace, and that desire to lend a helping hand starts right now.
Welcome to WPI—we can’t wait to meet you.
Save the Date for the First-Year Welcome Experience
You and your family are invited to join us on campus for our First-Year Welcome Experiences this summer to help you start preparing for life at WPI. You’ll have the chance to:
- Visit campus
- Meet and start forming friendships with your future classmates
- Connect with academic advisors to prepare for course registration
Sessions will be held from June 6-16 and will feature separate sections for both students and families; a virtual option will also be available for those who can’t make it.
If you’re an undergraduate, in the meantime you can:
- Get excited!
- Concentrate on finishing up your senior year with a bang
- Connect with your new WPI classmates on ZeeMee
Once you receive an email in May that contains your PIN for setting up WPI Computer Accounts:
- Set up your WPI email account right away and check it regularly. Note: All important student information is communicated to you through your WPI email account. This includes tuition payment information. We suggest you check this email account often.
- Take the math placement exam before beginning your course planning as it will help you get started.
- Check out the clubs and activities offered at WPI that you can explore during the NSO activities fair.
- Get in touch with your roommate(s) before the fall.
- Email the Office of First-Year Experiences or call at 508-831-5381 if you have any questions.
- Relax and enjoy your summer with family and friends.
Check out More Details
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific questions
- Check out our Transfer Visit Options
- Visit the transfer students website for more information
- Email email@example.com to complete your I-20 process
- Visit the Office of International Student Life website for more information on visas, immigration, and arrival to campus
- Visit the parents website for tips, resources, and important dates
- Sign up for the Parents & Friends newsletter to connect with WPI
- Check out more of what Worcester has to offer
Looking for Some Tips on How to Make the Most of Your First Year?
- Nobody knows WPI better than the students who go here, and they’ve got some advice to share.
- Get involved with what you’re passionate about.
- You never know when or where you’ll make a new friend—talk to everyone.
- Ask for help whenever you need it and make the most of the resources offered.
- Try something new!
- Make at least one friend in each of your classes.
- If you’re unsure of your major and career path, explore future job options based on your interests.
- Meet upperclassmen; they can give you valuable advice, especially if you share the same major.
- Explore the city of Worcester; there are hundreds of things to do—literally.
- Eat meals with different people; it’s a great way to make new friends.
- Don’t be afraid to be who you are.
WPI Virtual Tour
Don’t live in close proximity to WPI and want to explore the campus more before arrival? We’ll bring our beautiful campus to you! Enjoy on your desktop or mobile device.