Welcome to the WPI Class of 2025!
We are thrilled that you have decided to embark on your college journey here at WPI. We recognize that you are excited to learn about what your first year is going to be like. As current WPI students, Hannah, Jeremy and Vanessa know those feelings first hand and would like to share their first-year experiences and offer some advice.
In approximately ten minutes, you will feel more ready for your first year at WPI!
Getting Ready for WPI
With the WPI welcome brochure as your guide, you can see that there are a lot of things for you to do prior to this fall. But it doesn’t have to be difficult or overwhelming! Hannah, Jeremy and Vanessa share their top 10 tips to stay on track and talk about how they prepared.
Tips from Students about Getting Ready
- Concentrate on finishing up your senior year with a bang.
- Get excited!
- Connect with your WPI classmates on Facebook: WPI2025.
Once you receive an email in May that contains your PIN for setting up WPI Computer Accounts:
- Set up your WPI email account right away and check it regularly. Note: All important student information is communicated to you through your WPI email account. This includes tuition payment information. We suggest you check this email account often.
- Take the math placement exam before beginning your course planning as it will help you get started.
- Register for classes as early as possible and take advantage of all the tools and guidance provided on the website.
- Check out the clubs and activities offered at WPI that you can explore during the NSO activities fair.
- Get in touch with your roommate(s) before the fall.
- Email the Office of First-Year Experiences or call at 508-831-5381 if you have any questions.
- Relax and enjoy your summer with family and friends.
Connect on Facebook!
Get to know your classmates, share your own stories, and tell everyone that you’re part of this dynamic class by connection on Facebook.
Welcome WPI Parents
Calling all parents! Visit our parents website for tips, resources and important dates. Sign up for our parents and friends newsletter, connect with WPI and get all the information you need.
Welcome to Worcester, Massachusetts, the second largest city in New England. Home to 7 colleges and 38,000 students, Worcester is a true college town. Get to know your new town!
With individual academic paths and personal interests, Hannah, Jeremy and Vanessa have had different first-year experiences, but all agree on one thing — while challenging, they had a very fun first year at WPI! Hear about their different experiences, and take note of their top 10 tips for making the most of your first year here at WPI.
Tips from Students about Making the Most of Your First Year
1. Get involved with what you are passionate about.
2. Talk to everyone.
3. Ask for help whenever you need it and make the most of the resources offered.
4. Try something new!
5. Make at least one friend in each of your classes.
6. If you’re unsure of your major and career path, take initiative to explore job options based on interests you have.
7. Meet upperclassmen as they can give you valuable advice, especially if in your major.
8. Explore the city of Worcester as there are hundreds of things to do.
9. Eat meals with different people as it is a great way to make new friends.
10. Don’t be afraid to be who you are.
WPI Virtual Tour
Don’t live in close proximity to WPI and want to explore the campus more before arrival? We’ll bring our beautiful campus to you! Enjoy on your desktop or mobile device.